Yordex Smart Orders provide a single source of truth between buyers and sellers.
Like traditional orders, they contain the full order details.
Unlike traditional orders, Smart Orders contain the terms of the order. This allows them to do things that traditional orders cannot:
- Self-generate an invoice when the goods have been received
- If the supplier still wants to generate the invoice, validate that invoice against the agreed order and allow the supplier to request an update to the order before sending an invoice that doesn't match
- Provide real-time transparency to all parties about the latest status of order, invoice and payment
- Warn users or systems when specific steps are (over)due
- Automatically update third party systems and service providers such as ERP systems payment providers, invoice finance providers etc.
Any authorised user or system can access and update the Smart Orders. The Smart Order itself will keep track of who is allowed to do what when.
For more details on Smart Order and their use, please visit our main website.
The Yordex Smart Order API has the following resources:
/orders: everything in Yordex revolves around orders
To create the order:
- /traders: buyers and sellers are both "traders"
- /terms: template Order terms that can be applied to any order
To execute the order:
- /lineitems: line items describing what is included in the order
- /events: the instantiation of the Order terms for a particular order; they define both a workflow and when payments are due
- /documents: all documents related to the order, e.g. invoices, order specifications, bills of lading etc.
- /paymentrecords: records of all money movements related to the order
- /tabs: a "tab" is a group of orders; a tab can be used for reporting, invoicing, mass payments or expense reports
- /ads: advertisements for services that can be added to an order, e.g. payments, finance, insurance etc.
Resources not linked to orders (optional):